Thursday, July 14, 2011

Time flies when you're having fun!

I'm looking at my calendar in disbelief...where did summer go?  It seems like just a few weeks ago we were finishing up our school year.  Now its almost time to start a new one.  Admittedly, summer won't feel over until we start getting some of the cool, crisp, fall weather.  But, in part of the world, school is less than a month away.  We will most likely be starting back on August 1st.  That's just slightly more than two weeks away.  Am I ready, you ask?  NO!!!  Not only am I not mentally ready, I'm not physically ready either.  Our school room is an absolute mess, we don't have all our curriculum, and we haven't even though about school supplies.  Not that we need that much, but it never fails that somehow, over the summer break, pencils, crayons, scissors and glue sticks mysteriously disappear. 

I guess the reason I'm so nervous about this year is that I have a lot on my proverbial plate.  Aside from our schoolwork, we will have Haley's choir class on Monday's, PE on Thursdays, Freaky Friday get togethers on Fridays, possibly a co-op in between somewhere, my business to run, a Sunday school class to teach, volunteer duties with my homeschool group, and so much more.  I'm really not sure how it's all going to work, but hopefully it will. 

1 comment:

  1. Time has flown by here, too! I am not quite ready for our new homeschool year but I have quite a bit of time to myself this week so I'm hoping to make some serious progress!

    ReplyDelete