Monday, July 11, 2011

Curriculum Planning for 2011-2012

This upcoming school year is fast approaching and I've been spending quite a bit of time pouring over catalogs and websites trying to decide what we'll be using this school year. I have to say, this is probably my favorite time of the homeschool year. It reminds me of when I was a child in public school. Do you remember the feeling you'd get when your mother would take you shopping for new clothes and school supplies?



I would always pick out my folder (called a Trapper Keeper) for the new year. I would spend weeks organizing it just so. I would carefully pick out my outfit for the new school year. It was always such an exciting time. I still feel that way. Every year I get so excited when we pick out our new curriculum for the upcoming year. Its like Christmas for me. Oddly, the kids never seem nearly as excited.

I'm just about finished for this year as far and curriculum.  The curriculum fair is coming up in a few weeks and I'll get the rest of the needed supplies there.  I can hardly wait!!

To be completely honest, I'm a little apprehensive about this upcoming school year.  I have a lot on my plate.  I have a full year of challenging curriculum picked out, and with our recent ADHD diagnosis, I need to revamp my teaching style.  Structure needs to become a big part of our life.  Have I mentioned how much I hate structure?  Yep, I'm 99% sure I have ADHD too.  Regardless, I've made the major decisions regarding curriculum and I've posted them.  Now I'm off to do some serious praying for the strength and wisdom to become the person I need to be to best serve my children.  Do me a favor...pray for me too?

No comments:

Post a Comment