Monday, November 8, 2010

Great Ideas for Science Studies

A friend forwarded something to me via email last night (thank you Felicia), and I wanted to share.  How I've missed this all these years is beyond me...



Home Science Tools is more than just another place to find great science curriculum, lab equipment and supplies.  They have a wonderful resource available for free.  Since my kids love hands on learning, I just had to check it out.  Apparently, my friend was signed up for their monthly newsletter.  She was forwarding this months learning idea.  It was completely awesome!  Better yet, you can access old newsletters as well.  Each offers teaching tips, labs, and ideas based on a specific topic.  They also have the newsletter geared to specific age groups.  For instance, the newsletter she forwarded me was all about fingerprinting and offered labs on how to make and discover fingerprints.  Tons of cool ideas.

For the younger kids, there's also a wonderful lab on bubbles.  I can't wait to try it out with my kids.  It is all about the science behind the bubbles.  Kids learn how bubbles are formed, why they're formed, make their own solution.  You make two different types and experiment with it to see which works best.  They get to make their own wands and try to make shaped bubbles.  Very, very cool!

I could go on and on about all the wonderful learning ideas available on this website, but you really just need to go check it out yourself.  In addition to all the learning labs, they also sell just about every science curriculum you can imagine, and all of the necessary supplies to go along with them.  You'll find microscopes, prepared slides, telescopes, weather station items, rock tumblers, and so much more.  My kids were practically drooling looking at all the awesome supplies!

No comments:

Post a Comment