Thursday, June 30, 2011

Thankful Thursdays

Today I have lots to be thankful for. This morning started with me getting a phone call from my somewhat frantic husband at 9:30 am informing me that I needed to hop in the car and head out to his 86 year old grandmother's house immediately. She had fallen this morning and apparently nobody could get into the house to get to her. I was the only other person with an original key. I should win awards for getting myself and my kids ready and out the door within a few minutes. Upon arrival, the ambulance was there and they had gotten inside. Apparently she managed to crawl to the door and let them in.

We then spent the entire day in the ER waiting to find out how serious this fall was. Thank the Lord it wasn't very serious. She did no damage, but they did find that she had a urinary track infection which needed to be treated. She is now resting comfortably in the hospital.

It was a long stressful day of miserable children, freezing cold hospital rooms, and worry. It could have been so much worse though, so I'm so, so thankful she's okay. Keep her and our family in your prayers over the next few days as we figure out what comes next for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment