Sunday, October 31, 2010

Week in Review - Happy Halloween!

This week was once again a busy one for us.  What's new, right? 

Monday was spent doing school work, then taking Haley to choir and running some errands.  That evening we had practice for the play that Glen and I are in, A Christmas Story.  It was our first practice on the stage in the theater.  It was nice to finally get onstage and figure out where everything is going to be.  We have one week to learn all of our lines in the first act.  I am so not ready!

Tuesday we had to get up bright and early for a follow up visit to Ryan's eye doctor.  I posted about that last week, but his vision is improving!  Thank you God!!!  He now has 20/70 vision in that eye and is getting some of his 3D vision restored.  Wearing the patches isn't fun for him (or me), but thankfully its working.  He has to wear it for two more months, 12 hours a day, and then hopefully they'll change tactics and let him wear it less.  We had school work to finish up after that, followed by play practice that evening.

Wednesday we did school work in the morning, followed by an awesome field trip to see the Nina and Pinta replicas.  It was so cool to be able to walk on board and explore these two ships.  Something none of us will soon forget. 

Thursday was a day to stay home, get lots of school work done, do some household chores and just basically get caught up.  I was able to do my lesson plans for next week (something I have been neglecting), so hopefully we'll be better prepared.  That evening we once again had play practice.

Friday we finished up our school week and headed out to a local park for our weekly park date with my homeschool group.  I was able to sit under the pavillion and finish up the cheer bows that I needed to get delivered.  The kids had fun with friends while I had fun chatting and getting some work done.  A win/win situation all around.  That evening after dinner, the kids and daddy carved our pumpkin.



The kids were so funny.  They kept talking to Mr. Pumpkin and telling them they were sorry for having to cut the top of his head off and removing his brains.



Saturday daddy, Adam and Glen's father (Grandaddy) went fishing most of the day, while Haley, Ryan and I went shopping.  I was on the search for props and costume pieces for A Christmas Story.  We scoured one of the local thrift stores and were able to find a solid blue bowling ball for $2.99.  A major find!!  I also found quite a few things to add to my character's wardrobe.  Then we headed home to put the finishing touches on Haley's costume, make cupcakes, and get ready for the zillions of kids that would be coming by that evening for candy.  Halloween in our neighborhood is completely crazy!  Lastly, the kids put on the their costumes and we headed out to do some serious trick or treating.



Haley was an indian princess, Ryan is a Lego knight and Adam really needs no introduction as Darth Vadar.  Even daddy got into the act and donned a wig and cape to hand out candy while we went door to door.


Hope you had a great week too!  Be sure to stop by Kris' blog at Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers for more great Weekly Wrap-Up posts.  Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great week. I love the costumes.

    My favorite day to read about was Thursday -- the one where you got to stay at home and get lots of stuff done. We get one of those tomorrow and I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good busy week. The kids look so cute in their costumes.

    ReplyDelete