Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thankful Thursdays

I haven't posted a Thankful Thursday post lately, but I have lots to be thankful for this week, so here goes.

If you read my blog, you may remember my post about Ryan's vision problems and his having to wear a patch over one eye.  After struggling through the first days of patching, Ryan did just awesome.  We went in for his one month check up this week and found out that its working!  Yeah!!  His vision has improved from 20/150 to 20/70.  He also is now able to see several of the 3D images where he couldn't see any previously.  His doctor was impressed with the progress he's made.  The only bad news is that he now has to continue patching his eye for two more months, 12 hours per day.  After that, he's hoping that he will be able only patch for maybe a couple of hours per day.  It really all depends on if his vision continues improving.  So far, its wonderful news and we're well on our way to having his eye back to being fully functional, and I'm truly thankful for that!



Next, with all of the nasty weather that went through our area over the past few days, I'm extremely thankful that none of our family and friends suffered any damage.  At times it was really scary at our house.  My poor kids were so freaked out by our storm radio going off at all hours.  I'm glad its finally passed so we can all get a good nights sleep.  With that said, that's where I'm headed seeing as its 11:30 and everyone else is out for the count.  Hope you have lots of things to be thankful for today as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment