Friday, September 24, 2010

Week in Review - Wow what a week!

We had such a busy week around here.  For some reason I have totally gotten out of my groove in homeschooling.  I think its having so many activities going on in the afternoons.  I'm one of those people that likes to take it easy in the mornings and start school later.  Well, I have all of the these grand plans about what I want to cover, but it seems that we keep running out of time.  Maybe I'm actually going to have to start earlier.  Bummer!  Monday we worked on our Explorers unit study from Homeschool in the Woods.  We read about why people in those days went exploring, we smelled all kinds of spices (which I missed getting pictures of because my battery died), studied our globe and routes taken, and colored maps of the continents and oceans.


Tuesday Haley had her American Girl Book Club meeting at a local park.  She had fun discussing Book 2 in Kit's series, and making her own daily newspaper.  This is such a great way to get the kids reading and excited about the books.  Great big thanks go out to Ginger who put all this together.


 While Haley was having her book club meeting, the boys and I hung out on the playground.  This turned into an impromptu lesson on static electricity.  Check out Adam's hair after going down the slide! 

Off the slide...no static electricity.

On the slide, major static electricity.
The most terrifying exciting thing that happened this week is that Wednesday I found out that I will be playing the part of the mother in A Christmas Story at our local theater.  Considering that the only acting I've done up until now is running across a stage pretending to put out fires and be terrified of an invisible dragon in The Hobbit, this is quite a stretch.  Please keep me in your prayers as I will need all of the praying I can get!.

Thursday was our monthly nature club meeting.  We visited a local pond and learned all about creatures that live in or around a pond.  The kids all did such a great job!


 After our informal presentation time, we fed the ducks and geese.  Adam was even able to get a wild Canadian Goose to eat bread right out of his hand.


Today we wrapped up our school week at a local park.  Although its still a bit hot here, it was so nice to sit and visit with all the other moms.  The kids had a great time running and playing with all their friends.  What I really enjoy is spending time with some of the homeschool moms that have kids in highschool.  So many times its just those of us with the younger kids that get together.  This time we had kids of all ages, and some of the long time homeschool moms.  It was a great way to end our week.


How was your week?  For more Weekly Wrap Up posts, head over to Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers.

2 comments:

  1. Great opportunity to feed the geese. Best of luck in your acting debut! I'm sure it will be a good experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Looks like y'all had a *great* week! What fun! Very cool that Adam got the goose to eat out of his hand. And, very terrifying/exciting about your part in the play. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete