Monday, September 13, 2010

Science Experiment Time...Air Pressure!

As you know if you read my blog, we are studying science using Apologia's Zoology 1, Flying Creatures of the Fifth Day. After learning about classification, and making a lapbook from the first lesson using Live and Learn Press's Apologia lapbooks, we moved on to the next section and have been learning about air pressure and lift. Today, we read from the text about how air pressure works with a birds wing to create lift.


We then moved on to the fun part!  I showed them how it was done first, then each of them got a chance to see air pressure and lift in action.  I just love the looks on their faces!


Haley went first...


then Adam...check out the spray of water!


and lastly...Ryan!  By now my poor table is soaked, along with our book.  Who knew they could blow water 4 feet away!  Oh well, it will dry I suppose.  Just for fun, I thought I would share some of the funny pictures I took during this project.  Apparently, watching someone blow through a straw inspires you to blow too.  I especially love Haley's expression after being sprayed in the face with water.


This was a fun way for the kids to see air pressure in action.  Also, my table got a nice water bath in the process.  They can't wait to show daddy this new trick when he gets home. Hope your Monday was as fun as ours!

No comments:

Post a Comment