Thursday, April 8, 2010

Drama in your homeschool.


For those of you who may not know me or my family, one of the things we enjoy being involved in is the theater. My husband has been in way too many plays to name, and obviously passed his love of theater on to his children. Our oldest had her acting debut this past Fall in Charlotte's Web. We signed her up for a 6 week homeschool drama class recently and she absolutely loves it! I'm just amazed at how many homeschooled children are involved in theater. Its not just the kids, but their entire families that are involved. You'll find them doing everything from directing to set and costume design. Since quite a few homeschooled children tend to "march to the beat of a different drum" so to speak, the theater is a great fit. Their differences make them fit right in and really shine! I really feel that it helps build my childrens' self confidence and overcome shyness. You get to interact with people of all ages and backgrounds. Even though the schedule can be rigorous, I truly recommend giving drama classes and the theater a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment