Friday, February 19, 2010

Hurray for Friday!!

We had an awesome day today. We went on a fieldtrip to the Times Free Press. If you've never been, I highly recommend it. We got to tour the entire facility and see how a paper is made from start to finish. Our favorite parts were seeing the printing press, and watching the papers go down the conveyer belt to be shipped out. Our tour guide was very knowledgeable and shared not only the details about the paper making process, but also the history of the paper itself. Unfortunately my cameras battery was dead so I missed the opportunity to take pictures to share.

Also, today was the first Friday in Lent. My children were none to thrilled to hear that we would no longer be having our regular burgers and fries for dinner on Fridays until after Easter. For Lent this year, I'm not so much giving something up (other than meat on Fridays), as I'm doing something different. My goal is to read from my Bible daily, along with doing some new things in my daily life that I don't normally do. I have set myself the goal of reading the entire bible from start to finish this year. I'm well on my way, and reading daily during Lent will keep me on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment