Thursday, July 11, 2013

Jamestown Fun!

Wow!  I looked at my last post and realized I hadn't posted anything in a few weeks.  So, I thought I would take a minute to share what we've been up to.  Earlier this year, I decided to do something radical and completely change our curriculum.  I have always been very eclectic and pieced together our curriculum using what I thought would be the best fit for my kids.  However, after reading (and lets face it...drooling) over a package curriculum for quite some time, I took a leap of faith and bought the first six week unit to give it a try.  Well, as it turns out, we LOVE it!  Its called Trail Guide to Learning.  So far we've completed the Columbus unit from Paths of Exploration, the Jamestown unit, and we're currently progressing very slowly through the Pilgrim unit since its now summer and daddy's home with us everyday for now.  I will put together a more in depth post about why we're enjoying this curriculum so much, but for now, I wanted to share what we've been up to.  So...without further ado, here are some super fun miniature Jamestown replicas my kids made.



This was a freebie that I received from Homeschool In the Woods.  I absolutely love their stuff!!!  I have to admit that I have so many freebies and other purchased items on my computer that its scary.  But, this one was perfect to go along with our Jamestown studies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment