Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Our New Foster Baby

After raising 7 foster kittens this past spring, I said I was done with fosters for a bit. Little did I know that I had yet another surprise heading my way. Haley was at a friends house for a play date when she found a tiny little kitten crying and begging for food, sitting beside his tiny dead sister, abandoned by their mother. Apparently, some of the neighbors near her friends house feed the local stray cats, but don't do anything humane like call animal control or spay/neuter them. They have litter after litter of kittens each year, and each year those same kittens suffer. This little guy got lucky because my daughter knew what to do. When my husband came to pick her up, she showed him the kitten, shared the story of his poor sister, and low and behold, I received yet another foster kitten. This little kitten was in the worst shape that I have ever seen a live kitten in. Every single bone in his tiny body was highly visible. He weighed less than half of a pound. His eyes were crusted shut and he was covered in fleas. I honestly didn't know if I could save him. He was that dehydrated and thin. But, this kitten is a fighter. Here's Pumpkin, our latest baby foster.
He's now happy and healthy and is looking for his forever home. He's still tiny, and I don't think he's going to be a very big cat. He is a bundle of energy and spends his days enjoying his new lease on life to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment