Thursday, March 15, 2012

Getting Healthy...

Several years ago I lost quite a bit of weight. About 45 pounds to be exact. Unfortunately, I eventually went back to my old habit of eating whatever appeals, and not exercising enough to compensate. I started back on my healthy lifestyle choices last August, and lost 8 pounds. Then, late the night before we went on vacation to Florida, while carrying bags to the car, I fell down the stairs. After spending hours in the emergency room, I found that I had sprained my left ankle, and tore the ligament in my right. No broken bones though. Its been a VERY long recovery, and my ankle still bothers me daily. But, I'm finally getting back in the healthy groove.

So, here's my goal, and here's how I plan to accomplish it. I want to lose at least 50 pounds by my 43rd birthday in October. I've done the math and at a rate of 2 pounds per week, I could actually lose more like 60 in that time, but I'm allowing for the fact that I might not always lose those weekly 2 pounds. Besides, I'm realistic and don't honestly expect to ever reach my perfect body weight. I would be happy, no, make that ecstatic, to lose 50. So far, I've given up all carbonated sodas, made a point to drink mostly water, cut my portions, added lots of fresh fruit and veggies to my diet, walk on the treadmill at least 5 days a week, bike ride with my son, Adam, who is absolutely the best at begging me to ride our 3 mile neighborhood loop, and act like an idiot trying to follow along with my Zumba for Wii game. My kids get a big kick out of that last one, let me tell you!

So, I've told my family, my friends, and all of you out there in cyber world. I'm going to do it! I don't want to be fat anymore! Do me a favor and pray for my continued motivation and success.

No comments:

Post a Comment