Sunday, June 20, 2010

Year Round Schooling

This year we're trying something a bit different with our schoolwork. We're not taking the usual two month long Summer break. To be honest, we get bored. Maybe I should rephrase that to say that I get bored. I've been looking into changing our 2010/2011 school year to something resembling a year round schedule. I have found that the kids get so out of the school mind frame that it takes forever to get them back into the routine. Without that long break I'm hoping to avoid that. Another added bonus is that it allows us to take more breaks throughout the year. I really need that. With a year round schedule, we can have a week break almost every month and still go over our 180 days that I'm required to teach. It allows us to have a much more flexible schedule overall.

We finished up our 2009/2010 school year in mid May, took the end of May and the first two weeks of June off, and will be starting back to school on Monday. The month of July will be a bit sparse with the twins' birthday and other Summer activities, but we will be having school none the less.

What does your school year look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment